- There were a total of 2,996 deaths, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims
- In the North Tower 1,355 people at or above the point of impact were trapped and died of smoke inhalation, fell or jumped from the tower to escape the smoke and flames, or were killed in the building’s eventual collapse.
- At least 200 people fell or jumped to their deaths from the burning towers, landing on the streets and rooftops of adjacent buildings hundreds of feet below
- 3,051 children lost a parent
- the buildings continued to burn for 99 days.
never forget. 09.11.2001
(Fonte: erminswiths, via deathcomestotrenzalore)